WORKING WITH CULTURAL DIFFERENCE
Cross Cultural Consultants’ Working with Cultural Difference course is aimed at people from a variety of backgrounds who are working in an Indigenous context. The course works to assist participants, who are usually working either long-term or short-term in Indigenous settings, to better understand, work and communicate, with people of Indigenous and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds.
Course fees - $300 plus GST
Unit 117/5 McCourt Road, Yarrawonga, Northern Territory 0830
Course Duration - 1 day
Class Size - 10 participants
Explore key areas of cultural difference between the core values of their own home cultures and the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultures
Develop a knowledge of the important differences between Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander and Anglo-Australian manners, communication styles, and rules of sensitive communication
Identify some of the potential areas of miscommunication that arise between the cultures, and how these might be addressed and in some cases avoided
Discuss why mainstream Australian cultures and Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander perspectives of contact history are so fundamentally different, while outlining major historic periods and landmarks in that shared history
By completing/passing this course, you will attain the certificate Working with Cultural Difference 1 Day Course
Terms and Conditions
- Training course registrations will not be confirmed until registration is complete and billing information is received in full.
- In order to cancel or reschedule a confirmed training please submit an email request to email@example.com.
- Please submit all cancellation requests within 60 calendar days of registration and no later than 10 days prior to the scheduled course date in order to receive a full refund of paid registration fees.
- No shows and cancellations not made within the specified cancellation period will incur the full cost of registration.
- Cross Cultural Consultants reserves the right to cancel any training course due to insufficient enrollment in advance of the scheduled course date. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for a future course date or to receive a full refund of registration fees.
- Cross Cultural Consultants is not responsible for any expenses incurred by the customer if a training course is cancelled.
- If a training class is cancelled due to any unforeseen circumstances such as weather or natural disaster, the customer is entitled to reschedule for a future training course.
Cross Cultural Consultants is committed to safeguarding your privacy online.
Cross Cultural Consultants has created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to privacy. The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for Cross Cultural Consultants.
Cross Cultural Consultants does not collect personally identifiable information about individuals except when such individuals specifically provide such information on a voluntary basis. For example, such personally identifiable information may be gathered from the registration process for subscription or services and in connection with content submissions, learning, community postings (e.g., forums), suggestions and transactional areas.
Personally identifiable information on individual users will not be sold or otherwise transferred to unaffiliated third parties without the approval of the user at the time of collection. At such points of collection, the user will have the opportunity to indicate whether he or she would like to "opt out" of receiving promotional and/or marketing information about other products, services and offerings and/or any third parties.
Further, notwithstanding any opt out of promotional information by the user, we reserve the right to contact a subscriber regarding account status, changes to the subscriber agreement and other matters relevant to the underlying service and/or the information collected.
We do reserve the right to perform statistical analyses of user behaviour and characteristics in order to measure interest in and use of the various areas of the site and to inform advertisers of such information as well as the number of users that have been exposed to or clicked on their advertising banners.
Upon request, we will allow any user to "opt out" of further promotional contacts at any time.
Additionally upon request, we will use reasonable efforts to allow users to update/correct personal information previously submitted which the user states is erroneous to the extent such activities will not compromise privacy or security interests. Also, upon a user's request, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to functionally delete the user and his or her personal information from its database; however, it may be impossible to delete a user's entry without some residual information because of backups and records of deletions.
Access to the database containing personal information is restricted to Cross Cultural Consultants staff members with direct responsibility for customer service or management of the website. Authorised staff members are not allowed to pass on information about clients to non-authorised staff without the express permission of the Managing Director.
Cross Cultural Consultants reserves the right to change this policy at any time by notifying users of the existence of a new privacy statement. This statement and the policies outlined herein are not intended to and do not create any contractual or other legal rights in or on behalf of any party.
Our site provides users the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications.
This site gives users the following options for removing their information from our database to not receive future communications or to no longer receive our service:
1. You can send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. You can call the following telephone number: (08) 89122510
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this Web site, you can contact :
Cross Cultural Consultants
GPO Box 1766 Darwin, NT, 0801
Telephone: (08) 89122510
Your cart is empty